Professional standard in recording studios worldwide
- the longest manufactured condenser microphone ever
- same body shape as the U67 and likewise provided with a switch for polar pattern (omni, cardioid, figure-8), pre-attenuation and bass roll-off
- one of the few currently available Neumann microphones with an output transformer
- outstanding transmission characteristics
- well-balanced sound, that is slightly brighter than the U67
- the universal studio microphone par excellence: maybe not always the best, but never the wrong choice!
- 4 items for hire: 3x U87i (the previous version which was built by Neumann up to 1986), 1x U87Ai
- manufacturing period: since 1967
Favourite applications: speech, vocals, bass drum, toms, percussion, vibraphone, overhead, guitar amp, piano, grand piano, acoustic guitar, upright bass, cello, tuba, horn, bassoon etc.
- 1 Day27 €
- 2 Days44 €
(Fr-Mo) 57 €